Signs That Confirm Mold Growth In Your House

Signs That Confirm Mold Growth In Your House

Mold can be a common issue in residence and can grow without making any serious visual impact to the house or its inhabitants. Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in places that are dark, cool and have a constant supply of moisture.

There are numerous reasons for concern related to mold growth in houses. For one, it gives off a musky odor and can cause severe breathing problems in some people. Most usually, it grows due to the ignorance of the homeowner or in places that are hard to clean. It cannot always be dangerous, but a high concentration of mold infestation can lead to major problems.

If any of the following signs are noticeable. Immediately call a professional mold inspection service in Wilton Manors and control the problem before it gets out of hand!

Visible Mold Growth

One of the obvious ways to know if mold is growing in the house is if it is growing visibly. If the mold is seen growing on the surface of walls or in corners, then it is an indication of a severe mold infestation. It points to the fact that the mold has grown so much that it is now even growing in the exposed places.

Most homeowners think that cleaning the surface will get rid of the problem, but they don’t realize that they are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. It is better to call in a mold specialist and get a quick inspection to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Constant Flu Problems

Molds don’t have an instantaneous effect, rather it stacks up gradually and then causes complications. The mold effect can be seen when it starts growing outside the walls. As the mold spreads and grows with the help of airborne spores, it can spread anywhere quickly and enter the breathable air.

This could be the reason why some people have recurring sickness and the problem doesn’t get fully resolved. If this is the case, then getting a mold inspection is the answer to the problem as there might be mold spores that are causing these problems.

Musty Odour

Most of the mold-infested houses have a certain musky smell. This smell is due to the dampness and moisture in the spores of the mold giving rise to such odor. If such a musky odor is present, it means there is a high mold concentrating growing somewhere and needs to be taken care of before it causes damage to the interiors of the house.

Frequent Nose Bleeds

It is a very rare case, but for some people with nosebleeds, this can be a reason for concern. In severe mold infestations, its spores can cause a reaction in the body and cause chronic nosebleeds. If you have tried all medical treatments and nothing is seeming to work, then getting a mold testing could be the answer to the problems.

History Of Flooding

If there has been a history of flooding in a house, that could cause more chances for mold growth. As moisture is the leading cause of mold growth, flooding can introduce enough moisture in the walls making it a problem in the future. A house mold inspector will be able to skilfully test the house for any signs of mold and stop the problem before it becomes concerning.

Rate this article

No Comments

Leave a Comment