A plumber is a skilled tradesman who has gained expertise in the installation and maintenance of plumbing water systems. Some of their primary duties involve:
- Going through the sketch and specifications to determine the layout of water supply along with venting systems and waste.
- They are capable of tracking possible flaws or leakages in different types of plumbing materials.
- Plumbers have the potential to diagnose the cause of an issue
- Plumbers primarily use hand and power tools to slice, cut, measure and thread pipes
- Accurately testing pipes for any source of leakages by using water and air pressure gauges.
- Plumbers are well aware of the safety issues and legal regulations
- They would make sure that building regulations and safety norms are met
- Plumbers encounter several potential hazards like fractures, burns, whilst working with the installation of water drainage systems.
Plumbing NVQ training is designed to cover various aspects of domestic plumbing. Some of the core areas of study are as follows:
- Household hot/cold water systems
- Sanitation systems
- Gas safety
- Central Heating Systems
What is meant by NVQ Level 2 and 3 Plumbing?
NVQ Level 2 Plumbing and its associated qualification are exclusively meant for the ones who wish to pursue their career as a plumber. NVQ training delivers comprehensive training required to commence activities in construction industry.
NVQ Level 3 Plumbing is targeted towards aspirants who have completed Level 2 qualification and possessed adequate experience as well as knowledge. It is a full-time/part-time course which extends up to eight weeks. The training centres are well-equipped with a diverse range of units.
One of the benefits of Plumbing training is that candidates will be able to get a CSCS card online. Each student will be gauged through online exams and on-site assessments. Practical sessions are also conducted to determine the potential/innate abilities of delegates. During the eight-week course, students would get familiar with how to attach copper, steel and install water systems along with bathroom suites.
Students will be able to advance towards the next stage of NVQ Plumbing Training Course. They are required to accomplish a portfolio of evidence while engaged in the plumbing industry. This is helpful for them to attain NVQ Level 2. It is also an opportunity for trainees to work in a construction site either on sub-contract or self-employed basis. They are supposed to manage on-site installations along with regular maintenance of domestic plumbing systems.
Delegates should present their vital evidence in written and photographic format. In additions, testimonials of prospective employers have to be attached in their portfolio. An on-site observation by NVQ Plumbing Assessor will be performed amidst the course. However, an overall number of observations are based upon the various tasks being undertaken by the students and volume of vital evidence accumulated.
Each trainee will be presented a Plumbing NVQ Level 2 Qualification if they succeed in accomplishing plumbing portfolio.