Dust collectors are used widely by many industrial units during the production processes and are used for many purposes. There are many types of dust collectors that are being used these days and have different uses as well. Dust collection is one of the most important considerations for setting up industrial units. These dust collectors come with their own set of features, uses as well as limitations. In this article, everything you need to know about dust collectors will be discussed thoroughly.
What is a dust collector and why is it used?
Dust collectors are used by industrial units to purify and clean the air which is being released during the production and commercial processes. The air goes through the whole dust collection system before being released. The dust collectors are designed in a way that they can handle a large amount of dust, but they still need to be cleaned from time to time.
This may not seem like a necessary investment but there are a lot of factors that you should consider which will make you realize the importance of having dust collectors. These factors have been listed below:
- Overall Health: Whether you admit it or not, it is still a fact that prolonged exposure to air filled with dust and other particles can severely affect the overall health and wellbeing of all the workers. This is the reason why you should take precautions and have a proper dust collection system to prevent diseases and respiratory problems.
- Efficiency: With better air quality, the workers would be able to work in a better condition as they breathe fresh air. It helps them work more efficiently which will result in better production outcomes as well.
- Compliance with Law: Sometimes the law makes it mandatory to have a good dust collection system in your industrial unit.
- Preventing Accidents: It is important to have good dust collectors as, without them, there can be many accidents such as a sudden fire outbreak in the factory due to the accumulation of a large number of inflammable gases.
How can you choose a good Dust Collectors Company?
You should choose a dust collector company that has a variety of dust collectors available so you can choose the one that fits your requirements the best. Every type of dust collector is suitable for different use. So, if you are looking for a company that provides you with dust collectors then it should definitely have the type of dust collector you’re looking for.
Make sure that they are also providing you with good quality dust collectors that have been tested and checked for quality. The company should also use the best cleaning methods as these are the most important things that decide the efficiency of a dust collector.
What are the different types of dust collection system?
- Wet scrubbers: A dust collection system which involves the use of liquid is called a wet scrubber. It uses water as a scrubbing liquid and converts the dirt into gas steam. It follows the whole procedure to purify the air released.
- Fabric filter: This type of dust collector uses a cloth or any piece of fabric and places it in such a way that the air gets filtered as it passes through it.
- Electrostatic precipitators: These dust collectors use static energy (electrostatic charge) to be able to clear dust particles in the air and purify it.
This article must have helped you decide whether to install a dust collection system in your factory or not. You also know how to choose a company that provides dust collection system according to your requirements.